Benefits to Youth . . .
Youth who participate in the Teens 4 Good Academy will:
- Build real business skills such as marketing, sales, networking, customer service, and financial management through running a youth-led food production and nutrition business
- Build skills that will help them lead a successful and happy life such as communication, team, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Be better able to nurture and sustain their minds and bodies through learning about health and nutrition, physical activity, resilient thinking, and managing stress
- Be better prepared to enter and succeed in college
- Make new friends and be part of a positive peer network
- Meet professionals from many different businesses
- Learn about many different careers such as business, marketing, culinary arts, healthcare, finance, sales, and many more!
- Participate in different types of field trips
- Have the opportunity to receive assistance with homework
- Have the opportunity to make some money throughout the school year
- Have the opportunity to participate in a paid summer internship
- Have the opportunity to make a positive difference in their communities through designing and implementing community service projects
- To support environmental stewardship in urban youth.
- To improve access to healthy food for people in need.
Benefits to Parents . . .
- Their children will benefit as described above
- Opportunities to engage in social events and educational workshops coordinated by Academy staff and youth
- Opportunities to connect parents to supportive services offered through FNC’s member agencies
- Opportunities to meet other partners and become part of a supportive parent network
East Poplar Recreation Center/8th and Poplar T4G Farm/Friends Neighborhood Guild
Click here to view Teens 4 Good Academy’s Partners →